Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tagged Under: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

WE LOOSE RADIO SHOW! (EXCLUSIVE!)

By: Maya D On: 8:31:00 AM
  • SHARE THIS!
  • This past week I had the pleasure of Co-hosting the premier of a very special show called, “We Loose Radio,” on September 30th 2008. I was on the air broadcasting Entertainment News, and giving my various opinions about the music industry. I want to thank Skip for valuing my insight, and inviting me to join him on his show.

    We Loose Radio is a weekly broadcast that airs every Tuesday @ 11PM EST out of Miami, FL. The focus of the show is to showcase new Rap/Hip Hop artist that are looking for exposure. The show also has entertainment news with yours truly, sports updates, and various special appearances by artist in the music industry.




    This week I got a chance to go deep into the motivation behind WeLooseRadio, and this is what I discovered...

    Skip can you tell me more about your Radio show, who is your targeted audience? I consider my show to be a true Indie and unsigned showcase. I also have a little entertainment, comedy, current event discussions, and commentary. I'd like my audience to be anyone who enjoys good music. I take pride in playing songs that aren’t on the radio, which people may have never heard of, or from artists that no one knows about.

    How did you come up with the name "We Loose Radio?"
    Well the name of our music label is WELOOSE (All caps, One word) Music, so it just fit that our radio station would be called WELOOSE radio. WELOOSE, comes from 2 parts WE meaning "family" and LOOSE meaning "we out here."

    What are your long term plans for the show?
    I plan to do the show as long as those indie and unsigned artists continue to supply me with good music to spin. I hope that in the future I can get some good high profile interviews, and maybe develop a large enough fan base to have my show sponsored and promoted on a national level. What I would really love is to take the show from web radio to TV.

    What inspired you to start a Radio Show?
    Well I’ve always been trying to find another medium to expose my own music as well as Indie and unsigned artists. I believe in the pay it forward concept. So I started with an online magazine that was short lived, but was still very successful as far as fan base and exposure. When I heard about the web radio format, I thought it would be fun.

    Where are you originally from?
    I was born on an Army base in Ft Campbell, KY. I then moved to Germany, which is where my mother is from, and when we relocated back to the US I lived in KY, TN, KS, and finally after much traveling we ended up in Miami, FL where my dad is originally from.

    Do you have any further information you would like to include about yourself or the show?
    The show is every Tuesday at 11pm EST, we try to feature and interview at least 2 or 3 artists each month. Id really like to have some label execs or those out there with indie labels to take a listen to some of the talent I'm floating their way. You can send all music submissions to my address on my music page. I also have my own music on there as well. www.myspace.com/skiphop305


    Email Submissions To
    weloose@gmail.com
    Radio Show (Listner Dial in number is (347) 996-5361.)
    www.blogtalkradio.com/WELOOSERADIO

    0 comments: