Saturday, June 11, 2016

Tagged Under: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

NIKE RUN CLUB LA

By: Maya D On: 5:39:00 AM
  • SHARE THIS!
  • One day I was out in Santa Monica, CA and I saw a group of people all wearing Nike gear gathered around and I discovered they were a Nike Run Club.  I thought how cool is that!  I am trying to get in shape and I would love to be a part of a club like that.  So when I went on the website to get more information, CLICK HERE and found out they have these clubs all across the U.S. and when I tagged #NRC on #Instagram I saw people all over the world participating in this group.  

    I decided to sign up for a Saturday AM run.  I must admit I was nervous when I arrived on my first day because I'm extremely out of shape, but everyone made me feel welcomed and part of the team right away so that was great!  The first thing we did was break into groups, and everyone received a wristband and it marked the distance and pace you wanted to run.  I of-course picked the shortest run because I didn't want to pass out from exhaustion.  After the groups were formed everyone was assigned a pacer aka team captain in the group to encourage the team and to keep an eye out on everyone.  We had two Pacers in my group.  The great thing about this club is they provide complementary Food such as apples, oranges, and banana's and you also receive plenty of water to take with you on the run as well. Bonus!

    Prior to the run we all do warm-ups and stretches to get prepared and then each group starts off running!  In the beginning I felt ready to go, and I was in the front of the line keeping up with everyone in the group but after about 5 minutes in I started falling behind, and after about 13 minutes the "Pacer" had to come to my rescue because I had slowed down from running to walking and I was totally out of breathe! LOL So to make a long story short they had to move on without my FAT A** LMAO but the good news is even though I didn't finish with my group I didn't give up!  The coach instructed me to take another path so I could still get a 3 mile run/walk in so that's what I did.

    I feel good about going to the NRC meetup, and after I left I also went and worked out on the track as well.  So I definitely had a productive day, and I felt Greeeaaattttttt!!!!!!!

    0 comments: